Bread Making 101


First off a little about me...I was never totally a SAHM when my kids were little....I worked when the two oldest were little. Then, after my 3rd child came along I really wanted to be home with her and was but pretty soon the need for a little extra income took over and I went to work part-time 2 days a week. I never got into all the things that homemaking is all about...cooking, baking, spotless cleaning, organization. Oh and I did have girlfriends that I envied. I did manage to keep the house manageable, laundry done, take care of the kids, and put dinner on the table every night. I tell you this to say I have not ever really been to homemaker type...but God does work on a person's heart and change the desires of a person. I am so into being a homemaker with all of the aspects that go with it now! So with it comes new adventures. I recently talked to my daughter and suggested we have a bread making day a week. So, last week we had our first! I have never in my life made bread from scratch! I have made banana bread and such but never made bread using yeast. I was very excited for this adventure. So last week we made Cinnamon Raisin Bread  and yeast rolls... recipe for those my daughter had. The only critique I would say about the Cinnamon Raisin Bread is that it definitely needed more cinnamon. We had a really great time making bread together and I am so glad that it will become a weekly adventure.
                                       
                                                   Lane helping with the mixing
                                                    of the Cinnamon Raisin Bread
Helping with the yeast 



Enough yeast rolls for 6 meals!!
Kneading the dough
I realize I should have taken pictures of the finished product but, I will remember to today. This week we are baking Pumpkin Bread and White Amish Bread. Look for next Wednesday's post about this week's adventures...we are not using the bread machine at all this week so this should be interesting.

1 comment

  1. Cinnamon Raisin Bread... sounds yummy. Hope you have another great day of baking. Being waiting to hear all about it.
    Gini

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! May you have a blessed day!