Things to Ponder...


As I begin to think about being off work I want to make some concrete plans and a schedule. I have a tendency to be wiped out at home, so I want to make sure I am really making the best of being a SAHW. I attribute the being wiped out though in the evenings to being so tired from work. And then on the weekends I have to cram in all the things that need doing before Monday rolls around.

So, I don't want to be a time waster and want to make the best of my time at home. I really want to organize my home and get things in order...but don't want to kill myself doing a massive cleaning all at once kind of thing. I am a list and task oriented person so I am thinking maybe one room at a time?

I have spent the last 16 years working as a teacher so things have slid by the wayside for quite some time. Of course, spurts of energy along the way and 2 wonderful family members who are/were my housekeepers have kept my home from being taken over by the dust monkeys!!

So as a SAHM/W whichever you may be...or even someone who works a full-time job outside the home that is very well-organized, what are your tips? thoughts? must-dos? Do you clean all in one day? spread it out over the week? laundry all one day? I would love to hear from you about how you keep your home well-organized and functioning. These are some of the things I am pondering as I am about to embark on this new journey of being a SAHW! Only 50 more school days and that is what I can officially call myself.
Photobucket

3 comments

  1. Wow! Only 50 more days of school?! Awesome! I like the one room at a time idea. Focus on one area and make it the best you can make it, then move on. My problem with that is that when I take something out of that one room to put it in another room/area, I get focused on something in that room and begin cleaning; leaving behind the other room and where I left off. So I don't know what the best option would be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a lot of bloggers out there that give tips and tricks on how to go about organizing and keeping things straightened up, etc., on a daily basis. I wish I could remember the name of one that was used a lot by my friends in past years. I will research it again and get back to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have really enjoyed this blog

    http://cleanmama.blogspot.com/

    She has a routine and if you get into it, your home will always be 'guest' ready.

    I have tried to do it, but it is hard for me to do, working full time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! May you have a blessed day!