My Imagine-ation Monday!

Good Monday Morning! If you are looking for my Monday Menu post go here.




Here at My Cricut Craft Room it is My Imagine-ation Monday. We were asked to do something centered around our favorite book today. Well, I am a book lover...but mainly a children's book lover since I spent 17 years teaching school. I needed a book mark for my brand new 2013 planner. (isn't it pretty?)   So, I thought well let me combine the two things together. My favorite children's author is Jan Brett. Check her out if you have elementary aged children and have never read her books. My class wrote to her several years in a row and we always received an information packet in return, usually showcasing her newest book. Well, there is one beloved character in every single book she writes and this character is named after her pet hedgehog, Hedgie. I used to share all this with my students and they loved trying to find Hedgie in her books in the illustrations if he was not a main character. So, in honor of my love of Jan Brett I created my planner bookmark with a Hedgehog character.



Supplies:
all paper was scrap papers in my stash
Hedgehog was cut at 2.81" on my Gypsy
Circle was cut at 4.90" on my Gypsy
Cartridges used: Create a Critter, Cherry Limeade

Head on over to My Cricut Craft Room to get more inspiration!

2 comments

  1. I think I'm in love with the hedgehog! He's adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bookmark! It's so cute and I love that it is round instead of the traditional rectangle. Nicely done. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! May you have a blessed day!