Valentine Series-Card 2




Today's Thankful Thought: I am so thankful for all the card makers that share their talent on YouTube. That is a huge source of inspiration for me. If you are looking for card/scrapbook making inspiration I would highly recommend heading on over there and just do some browsing around! But, be careful cause it can be quite addicting.

Onto today's Valentine card...I had this stamp set with all sorts of different patterned hearts in it and when I was gathering my supplies for this series immediately upon seeing it this idea popped in my head. It is refreshing when ideas just seem to come to you and it takes little to no effort to create something.


4

Supplies Used: 
Inkadinkadoo: Hearts Stamp Set
My Favorite Things: Heart Banner Stamp and Die
Distress Ink
Doodlebug: Lovebug Paper
Lawn Fawn: Stitched Labels Die
Ribbon from my stash
VersaMark ink Pad
White Embossing Powder


Procedure: I placed all the hearts from the Inkadinkadoo stamp set on a large block and stamped with the VersaMark ink pad. I then sprinkled white detail embossing powder on them and heat set the whole panel. Next, I used a paint brush and some various pink distress ink colors to color the background. I used very little water as it was not watercolor paper. I then stamped and colored the little girl. ( I so need to practice getting that die/image part correct) but oh well I wasn't going to completely start over! I used Copic Markers to color her. I die cut the label and stamped one of the sentiments that came with the MFT stamp on and then edged it with some light pink cat's eye ink. I layered everything together and adhered to a white top folding card. I used a very pale pink ink color to stamp her inside and added the other sentiment. 

I hope you enjoyed the card and will join me next Wednesday for Card #3. I promise I will do way better at listing specific supplies. Have a great day!

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! May you have a blessed day!