UnBOOlievable Blog Hop



I am so very excited to be in this blog hop! There are some wonderful crafters here! I was so excited to create this for my front door. I had something else all planned out for the last month and the other day when I went in my scrap room to get creating all of a sudden this idea hit me. A non-traditional wreath for the door. So enjoy!

There will be a grand prize give away over at Lisa's Blog. If you would like to be eligible for a little Halloween embellishment package from me all you have to do is leave some love and become a follower. Oh, and don't forget to leave me a way to get hold of you. I will post a winner next Thursday 11/1.

Step 1: Get some kind of sign to use as your base. I got this at a discount department store some time ago on the clearance rack for hardly nothing.


 Step 2: Cut your piece of paper to fit. Ink the edges for more dimension. I used my favorite Chestnut Roan. I used a 12x24 sheet of Bazzill paper and cut to fit over top of the scenery on the sign.


Step 3: Add another layer of paper. for added dimension. I did not have a paper long enough without having to piece it together so I used a strip of a Halloween print paper to cover the seam.


Step 4: I cut the phrase "Happy Halloween" from the Cricut cartridge Lyrical Letters. I cut it as large as it would go to fit on a 12x12 mat. This cartridge does not have a shadow and I wanted it double layered so I cut it twice. Once in black and once in glitter green.


Step: 5: The shift key of the Halloween phrase is this dangling spider so I cut him at a little over 4". I added some black stickles to him for some sparkle.


Step 6: Add any Halloween images. I pulled these out of my cut images stash. I thought they were perfect for this little sign. Sorry, I do not know what cartridge or the size.

Here is the lineup for you to hop through. If you came here first don't forget to go back and start at Lisa's Blog.

1. Lisa ~ http://honeybearzdesigns2011.blogspot.com/  Our wonderful hostess. You should start here.

2. Dena ~ http://missdjones.blogspot.com/ 


21 comments

  1. WoW this is awesome! Very Creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome idea! Homemade decorations are the best!

    Melissa
    iamapapermaniac.blogspot.com
    scraplady202@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute and clever! I want to make one! bbiswabic@new.rr.com or my blog, Crazy About Cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea.. something you can pull out every year over and over. I love this and am definitely making one of these for my daughter for her new home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. great recycling idea. so cute! TFs Janet Royer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous sign!!! I love repurposing things and turning trash to treasure!!!
    Great project :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Интересный блог и замечательная открытка

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute. I would love to make that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So stinking cute!!!
    So happy to hop with you!!
    Scrappy hugs, Connie
    http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com
    new follower too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! I would never have thought to alter a sign like that -- it turned out so cute :) TFS


    Lucy
    http://love2createitall.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun wallhanging. I love getting new ideas like this.

    Smiles Sher
    ShersL84bed@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute wall hanging, great way to recycle and make it work!! Happy to be a part of this hop with you :0)
    Diana
    daisylovecreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This turned out great! I love upcycled projects! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! May you have a blessed day!