My First Post for My Cricut Craft Room


Hello my crafty friends!  Welcome to Theme Day Thursday over at My Cricut Craft Room. We were asked to make a Thanksgiving Home Decor or Table setting project today.

I am so happy to share with you my first creation as a new member of Erica's team over at My Cricut Craft Room. I have so wanted to do this for sooo long. So you get to see lots more of my creations in the future because this is just the motivation I need to keep me crafting all the time, even when I am all by myself. I will let you in on a little secret...I hate to scrapbook/craft alone and can get soooo much more accomplished when I am with others. They give me lots of motivation. So just knowing that there will be so many people looking at my posts and creations will keep that "mo-jo" flowing!

Now on to my project.  I wanted to make a Thanksgiving wreath for my front door but did not have a wreath on hand. So I went looking on Pinterest, one of my favorite places to go for inspiration, and found something similar to my project. So here are my pictures with the details:



I started by cutting out 3 circles at 9" out of chipboard. Then, I cut circles out of my 2 chosen pieces of patterned paper. They are DCWV Doodlin' Around Stack. I inked them with CTMH chocolate ink and then adhered them to the chipboard.
The wreath hanging on my front door. Gather Together was cut from the
Thanksgiving Seasonal cartridge. Sorry, I don't know the size because I cut it at a crop long ago.
Gotta love when someone lets you use a cartridge you like!

Mr. Turkey was cut from Create a Critter at 5". I stickled up his feathers, hat, and wattle.

The pumpkin was also cut from Create a Critter at 5".
Again, I used some stickles to spruce him up!

The cornucopia was cut from Paper Doll Dress Up. I cut the image at 5"
and used stickles on all the fruit and the horn of plenty.


I finished off my "wreath" by hot glueing a length (I forgot to measure) of teal and chocolate ribbon to the backs of the two top circles.

Hope you got some inspiration from my Thanksgiving decor'. Be sure to hop over to My Cricut Craft Room to see the rest of today's awesomeness from my Design Team Sisters!!


10 comments

  1. Welcome to the team. I know we haven't got to talk cause of you still being in the new team group. I just want to tell you that I love your project. What a wonderful idea. I wasn't sure did you hot glue the pieces of each other after they were decorated? I can't wait to get to talk to you more. again Welcome aboard.

    Sarah
    craftingwithsarah.blogspot.com
    MCCR DT SIS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun door decor!! I, too, spend a lot of time on Pinterest!!! So many wonderful ideas....so little time!!

    Glad to be a newbie on the DT with you!!!

    Lori
    MCCR DT SIS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your first post and welcome to the team!
    What a great idea for making a wreath when you don't have a wreath on hand! Pinterest can sure give you a lot of ideas, and you can forget you have been there for an hour! LOL!
    Teresa
    www.createenjoyshare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the team Teresa. I also love that more people can get some inspiration from my work. This wreath is such a great idea. TFS~ Mary M
    http://Mary-fortheloveofart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Teresa! Awesome first post for the MCCR DT. I love it! I totally get not wanting to craft alone, it is so much more fun to craft with others. I look forward to seeing your future projects.
    ClaireR
    ThreeWatersCreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Welcome to the team.

    Robin Lane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous project and welcome to the team. I am joining your blog now. We all need to support our team members!!!
    MCCR DT LEAD Shelley

    http://shelley-scrapbookingforfun.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. SOOO flippin CUTE! May have to steal :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! May you have a blessed day!