Christmas Blog Hop



I have the privilege of being in this awesome Christmas blog hop with Ashley over at The Blog Hop Princess and I have created a really cute project for someone special. There is going to be some wonderful talent in this hop so make sure you go to each blog and see what is there for you!

Here we go again! I am getting my craft on this season! And it feels so good! I have all these wonderful ideas running around in this head of mine and keep seeing more to add to them. I wanted to buy my granddaughter a pink Christmas tree and ornaments for her bedroom but the funds were just not there for me to do that. Well, it pays to have been a scrapbook hoarder...oh I mean collector...over the past several years. I saw this adorable ribbon tree...on Pinterest of course! So, I went to the craft supplies and low and behold I had everything I needed to make this for her and it even goes with the wreath I made her for her bedroom door. You can see her wreath here.

For the ribbon tree you need lots and lots of ribbon...You can use all the same width or you can vary it like I did. You need to cut the ribbon in 4" strips. I made a cardstock measuring instrument and used it to wrap my ribbon around it and then cut both ends so I could cut lots of 4" strips at a time.

Then, you hot glue the ends together and put a dab of hot glue on the other side and adhere it to your cone. Stagger the ribbons as you go up the cone so you are covering up any of the styrofoam that may show through. Once you get to the top you can wrap a ribbon around the top...I happened to have this fancy trim so I wrapped that around several times hot gluing as I went...(I am surprised I did not burn my fingers). Then I pulled some 3D flowers out of my scrapbooking stash in the color scheme and pinned them to the top. My granddaughter is going to absolutely love this!
It looks like it is leaning but it is straight I promise!


You should have come here from the very talented Cindy...if you didn't you might want to start at the beginning over here...and after reading, seeing, and commenting (I love comments!) you can hop on over to Paula and see what inspired her for Christmas.

Here is the whole lineup for the blog hop just in case you need it!

22 comments

  1. Wow!! Bet it took you a while to make that georgussssss!!! Tree

    Robin
    MCCR DT Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, How Cute! I Love your ribbon Tree! I may have to try to make on of these. Thanks for Sharing! I'm now following you. Wishing you a Merry Christmas! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool idea. So lovely! Thanks for sharing.

    marianneDOTwanhamATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ribbon tree is beautiful! bbiswabic@new.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors of your cute ribbon tree. TFS :)
    lizmullen86ATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great Christmas tree!

    tiggeria@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your tree. TFS.
    dmcardmaker (AOL)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous tree!
    <3 Pam
    MzLavr2screations@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teresa- that is such a cute tree and thank you for giving us directions on making it too!
    Teresa
    www.createenjoyshare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is adorable!! Thanks so much for sharing this really cool project.


    racincrafts at aim dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ribbons, ribbons everywhere - love the ribbon tree -It is straight - I turned my head a bit - LOL - lovely tree, just lovely! Enjoy your day and thanks for the hop!
    http://ilikepaper01.blogspot.com/
    utb01@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, so pretty!! Thanks for the inspiration! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh so Pretty!!! Love this Idea and the colors you used are Perfict for the Granddaughter!! TFS!!! I am a new follower and love what I have seen so far!!!

    http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
    ilovetonkinese2 at hotmail dot com
    Rexann♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such an adorable tree, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your ribbon treat is so cute. I need to try making one of those. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Teresa: I really like your ribbon tree, so colorful & some of my favorite colors! I have been wanting to make one of these myself, maybe I will get inspired seeing yours. =)

    ~Beth

    http://motherandaughterdesigns.blogspot.com
    mddesigns_11@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are really cool ribbon crafts. One thing I thought of when I saw the tree and wreath was that you could also make one out of "gift" supplies as well! Kind of like those baby diaper/clothing towers...thanks for sharing! New visitor/follower
    jellybeankahler@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow such a fun and cute tree. TFS AJ-

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such an awesome and cute ribbon tree. Great inspiration. Thank you so much for being a part of the hop.
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! May you have a blessed day!